Building Groups are a way of grouping your Buildings. For example, Building Groups can be used to organize Buildings by type, location, or any other classification that best suits your needs. They are a way of creating new filters for your data.
Note: It is possible for a Building to belong to multiple Building Groups.
Tip: Building Groups can be helpful for organizing your Asset service history reports based on a specific set of Buildings. For example, you could create a Building Group that splits up your residential and commercial Buildings. Or, you can create a Building Group based on the district/zone of your Buildings.
There are 3 ways of accessing the Building Groups page.
via Org Site:
- From your Org Site, click Building Groups.
via Buildings page:
- Click the View Building Groups button.
via any page:
- When on any page, hover over the Manage tab. Click Building Groups.
Click Add New Building Group.
Enter a Name for your Building Group.
Leave the Sharing Level drop-down to its default setting of Private.
BuiltSpace allows you to add/remove Buildings from Building Groups, as well as change the names of Building Groups.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the Building Group that you wish to edit. This will open a box called Edit Building Group. The left column is a portfolio containing all of the Buildings in your Org. The right column is your Building Group. Please refer to the screenshot below for instructions 2-4.
- To add Buildings to your Building Group, simply drag and drop a Building from the left column to the right one.
To remove a Building from your Building Group, click Remove.
To change the name of a Building Group, click the pencil icon. This will open a box allowing you to change the Name and Sharing Level. Click Save when done.